How to Enable Windows 10 App to ‘Reserve Windows 10 Upgrade’?
UPDATE : Check new article on how to get windows 10 before getting notification with Windows Media Creation Tool
Microsoft will launch a new OS Windows 10 on July 29 2015. It became a news that to prompt Windows 10 Microsoft decided to give free reserve upgrade for all their genuine users of Windows 7, Windows 8 and also for Windows 8.1. So everyone can upgrade their old windows Os and experience a new OS for free. While Windows 10 for PCs isn’t launching until July 29 and Windows 10 for phones is coming after that, we’re now seeing the first indications of how the free upgrade process will work.
System requirements for Upgrade with Windows 10
If you want to upgrade to Windows 10 on your PC or tablet, here’s what it takes.
- Latest OS: Make sure you are running the latest version either Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 Update. (If you don’t running with latest version please update it)
- Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor or SoC
- RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) for 32-bit or 2 GB for 64-bit
- Hard disk space: 16 GB for 32-bit OS 20 GB for 64-bit OS
- Graphics card: DirectX 9 or later with WDDM 1.0 driver
- Display: 1024×600
Now if your system fulfill this requirement then you can reserve your update for free.
How to Reserve Windows 10?
When your PC is fully updated then make sure you have C:\Windows\System32\GWX folder. If you don’t have then you need to upgrade your system again. You must be running Windows 7 Service Pack 1 or Windows 8.1, and you must have installed a March the Windows update dubbed KB3035583. This is key update to Reserve your Windows 10. If this done then you find the small Windows icon located at the lower right side of the taskbar. Obviously click on that icon. Now you find ‘Reserve your free upgrade’ option. Give your mail-id for confirmation. And ….Bingo..! All set for now..!
What if you can’t Find Windows 10 App icon? / Enable Windows 10 App
If you don’t find Windows 10 App icon, don’t get disappointment still you can Reserve your Upgrade. Follow this steps.
- Make Sure Windows Update is turned on. you can change this settings in Control Panel.
- Open a Notepad.
- Copy this following details
REG QUERY “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\UpgradeExperienceIndicators” /v UpgEx | findstr UpgEx
if “%errorlevel%” == “0” GOTO RunGWX
reg add “HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Appraiser” /v UtcOnetimeSend /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
schtasks /run /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser”
schtasks /query /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser”
schtasks /query /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\Application Experience\Microsoft Compatibility Appraiser” | findstr Ready
if NOT “%errorlevel%” == “0” ping localhost >nul &goto :CompatCheckRunning
schtasks /run /TN “\Microsoft\Windows\Setup\gwx\refreshgwxconfig”
- Name this file as ReserveWin10.cmd
- And Save in particular C: folder let say C:/Temp.
- Open Start Menu and Search Commend Prompt then you find many option. Right click on it and Find Run an administrator. (Don not open Commend Prompt Directly)
- And at last run you saved file. In this case type C:/Temp/ReserveWin10.cmd and hit enter.
- And it starts continuous looping it will take 15-25 min.
- After that You can find Windows 10 App icon at right bottom sidebar and and…..
- And Wait for 29 July, 2015
- Hope this material was helpful to you.